Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I need help immediately. Awhile. No just help

I need help immediately ...

I need help immediately

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Awhile

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just help

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

Please be patient as it takes time to type and provide links. Also note that the website may be sending you a telephone offer, the offer is not originating from me.

1) Please provide details? What is the electrical problem?

1) Please do not create any additional questions. Reply back only on this question. Multiple questions creates confusion.

2) You removed 2 wall switches, is that correct? If so, what wire colors were terminated to the switches?

3) What type of switches? Single pole or 3-way or 4-way?

4) Do you have a multimeter to confirm voltages in the switch box?

Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2) yes, I have removed two light switches. The colors that I have disconnected are red, white and black.
3) I have sent a picture of what the back of the light switch looks like.
4) I do not have a multimeter
Phone call session started

1) At the box that will only have a blank cover plate and no switches installed, this box will end up being a junction box. Splice all of the bare copper ground wires together and cap off with wirenut.

Tony........if you run into any problems, just reply back to me at this same question and we can continue.

I recommend that you purchase a multimeter as this will confirm voltages and will save much time and eliminate any guessing.

Take care for now..........Thanks...........Kevin:)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've got a voltage tester and I have installed a new ceiling fan
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please call me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Here's pictures of my boxes

Reply back to me tomorrow morning once once you have the multimeter with a built in audible continuity tester and we can continue.

Thanks............Kevin

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor