Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

My Harbor Breeze Wakefield Ceiling Fan has a remote control…

My Harbor Breeze Wakefield...

My Harbor Breeze Wakefield Ceiling Fan has a remote control and no pull chains. The lighting in the fan worked great for about 6 months but something has gone wrong. The lighting consist of a three settings. 1. Dome light 2. Ceiling light 3. both Dome and Ceiling.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Problem is the Dome light stays on all the time. It will not shut off.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope that's it. The item is about 1 year old we area a bit disappointed because we love the fan

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

Please be patient as it takes time to type and provide links. Also note that the website may be sending you a telephone offer, the offer is not originating from me.

1) Where is the receiver located at? Under the ceiling canopy cover plate or inside the fan motor housing?

Under the ceiling canopy

Thanks for confirming.

1) I recommend to contact eceilingfans.com shown in the link below. Provide them with the manufacturer name and the model number of the fan for a replacement receiver and transmitter:

http://eceilingfans.com/

2) Unfortunately, Harbor Breeze fans are amongst one of the cheaper manufactured ceiling fan brands and the receivers fail quite often.

Thank you.

No problem, glad to assist.

1) Have you installed a fresh battery in the transmitter?

2) Have you also confirmed that the DIP switch settings at the receiver and transmitter are matching?

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Thank you. Very helpful.

Your welcome

Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor