Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I am looking to change and old magnetic transformers on a…

Customer Question
hi there; I am looking...
hi there; I am looking to change and old magnetic transformers on a line of 4 recessed halogen light features , I desided for Electric drivers for LED. Hatch RS12-30M
I removed 3 old magnetic transformers and update the line with 3 Hatch electric driver. I could not replace the last 4 recessed light transformer because this last one that is located near the wall switch because it got a different type I guess it is an early type of driver that is not longer in production I would like to know if I supply some pictures I could get an advice
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Electrical
I try to replace the device with the new electric driver from Hatch; and the light bulb does not turn on?; I just reinstalled back and then the light can be turn on
at this time I replace all the old transformer except this last device made by Hubbell model HMH 84 nd all are with LED light bulbs turn in on and off with no problem only that this last device I wanted to change it to a new electric driver
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
What kind of equipment is the device on the picture I attached? Can I replace it with the Hatch electric driver? I try already to replace it with the Hatch driver and it does not work; so I reinstalled the Hubbell back in
Here you can see the set of 4 light features that 3 of them already had the old transformers changed to the electric drivers from Hatch with LED lights and working together with the Hubbell device
3/16/2018
Electrician: Sam I, Electrician replied 5 months ago
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Hello, what wattage are the LED lamps in the area that won't accept the new Hatch driver?

Hi Sam the LED lamps are 6.5 w. 3000k 36D 800mA 12 volt dimmable philips lamps and they do work with the Hatch drivers ; it does not work on the Hatch Driver that I installed to replace the Hubbell device . At the moment there is 3 Hatch drivers together with the Hubbell device installed all the 4 working on and off controled by a single switch. I wanted to replace the Hubbell device with a Hatch driver and from the set of 4working lights ; it works only 3 . The Hatch driver installed to replace the Hubbell device did not work; so I reinstalled the Hubbell device that has a fuse and I do not know what it is ? I plase LED lights to all Hatch 3 of them already installed to replace 3 old magnetic transformers and to the Hubbell and rge seem to turn on and off but I can bit replace the Hubbell device for the Hatch driver ; it does not work

ok, it is a bit confusing. Could you draw a layout of the room and how you have them wired and upload them here?

Also I notice that the Hubbell driver is for halogen bulbs only. Is this in an area where you have halogen bulbs? If so the Hatch will not drive those.

it was before Halogen lights with magnetic transformers you can see a picture of the recessed ceiling with the group of lights. There were 3 magnetic with this Hubbell device All link in a chain installation cable installation

and you have replaced all those bulbs with the 6.5 watt LED?

I removed 3 old Magnetic transformers and installed the Electric Harch drivers on then instead and they do work on and off together with the Hubbell driver with out any problem only that I can not install a Hatch driver to replace the Last one to be change that us the Hubbell driver

unfortunately we're not communicating well. I'm going to opt out and see if another expert can help you.

all are with the LED light bulb now;
The question is what type of device is this Hubbell equipment?; yes I see now that it mentions for 12 volt halogen bulb only at the device it self; but I did not knew this before I open up the ceiling to change this and the other the rest of the old magnetic transformers
It is an old Hubbell product withba fuse that was installed in line with 3 old magnetic transformers with halogen lights
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.