Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

How do I get at the wiring in my blue wave whirlpool tub…

How do I get at...
How do I get at the wiring in my blue wave whirlpool tub
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/15/2018
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your electrical issue. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Let me review your question!

What model tub do you have?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does not have a model # it was purchased in 2014 stored as it was shipped in a garage. Took it out of the box two weeks ago and set it up. Worked fine til three days ago. Then would not turn on unless ground wire was disconnected in the cord. Put new end on the cord and installed a GFI that it is plugged into. Can find no way to get at the inner wires to see what else could be wrong.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is a 211 gal. 6 ft. round portable on 110.

I have had no luck on finding info on the tub!Let me opt-out and let someone else help you !

Sorry

George

Chris Parson

Do you happen to see a control panel on the tub anywhere? I have had several experiences with the inside of the control panel having corrosion and can easily be cleaned. Usually that fixes the problem. There are wires behind your control panel and if you trace the plug into the tub it should actually run to the control panel.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All the wiring is enclosed. I need to get inside that. My tub is a blow up one. It has a control panel with a single wire running down inside of the side wall and connecting to the cord that plugs in
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have not been able to get the control panel apart. Did try that also.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will try to pry the back of the control panel apart and clean. Thanks!
Your very welcome. All the wiring should run to that anyway. I have also seen that the breaker can't hold the power for a very long time so you may want to check the breaker that it is on also.
I was going to ask if you Would mind rating and closing the question! Thank you so much
Chris Parson
Chris Parson
Chris Parson
Chris Parson