Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I want to install a Type 2 SPD to protect all pool equipment…

Hi Kevin, I want to...
Hi Kevin, I want to install a Type 2 SPD to protect all pool equipment wired to one sub panel. Can I simply install a double pole breaker in that panel and connect L1 and L2 to it? Or, am I able to connect it to the same 2pole breaker that feeds the pool motor?
3/13/2018
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

Please be patient as it takes time to type and provide links. Also note that the website may be sending you a telephone offer, the offer is not originating from me.

1) All surge protectors require a dedicated double pole breaker with no other connected loads.

2) The pool pump motor also needs to reside on it's own dedicated circuit with no other connected loads.

3) Double taps are also a code violation and never allowed, Only (1) one wire per screw terminal.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks so much

No problem, glad to assist

Thank you for the positive service rating............much appreciated!

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Take care and have a great evening...........Thanks again............Kevin:)

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor