Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

If my old 100 A main is a QO Square D then I have to use the…

Customer Question
Hey Kevin .. If my...
Hey Kevin .. If my old 100 A main is a QO Square D then I have to use the QO breakers correct? My sub panel is Homeline and use Homeline breakers? No big deal?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Electrical
3/12/2018
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 5 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC General Class License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

Please be patient as it takes time to type and provide links. Also note that the website may be sending you a telephone offer, the offer is not originating from me.

1) Yes, the main panel and the sub-panel can be different manufacturers or different model numbers. However the breakers used in each panel must be listed for the particular panel. The label on the inside of the panel door will show the breaker type.

2) Correct, QO breakers will not fit inside a Homeline panel and Homeline breakers will not fit inside a QO panel. The breakers are not interchangeable.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Does that help to answer your question?