Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have a 600amp breaker which at 80% the max load would be…

Customer Question
I have a 600amp...

I have a 600amp breaker which at 80% the max load would be 480amps

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Can I run 4/0 THHN x 2 which comes to 520Amps

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I do

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of as of know. just thinking that I can run 4/0 THHN x 2 which would handle the

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Electrical
3/12/2018
Electrician: George Smith, Master Electrician replied 3 months ago
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your electrical issue. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Let me review your question!

Is this breaker for a branch circuit or a main breaker?

500-500-500-500-2/0 600 amps 2 sets of Parallels !

You have to size the feeders for the breaker!

Does this answer you question?