Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I need help wiring a Honeywell RLV4305 Programmable

I need help wiring...

I need help wiring a Honeywell RLV4305 Programmable thermostat. I have 2 main wires coming from the box each has 1 black 1 white and 1 copper wire. The diagram in the book looks like the 2 white should be capped together and each 1 of the black should be wired to the each of the black wires on the thermostat. The 2 copper wires are the ground and are already capped together. Is my understanding correct?

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

Yes I just had new Hydronic 240 volt heaters installed to replace the old units

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only the thermostats

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Old thermostat was 4 wire with a dial....24 yrs old....am upgrading to digital...new digital has a frost protection setting on auto

3/12/2018
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician
The two
Hi this is George let me help!
The two wires from your house wiring go to the black wires and the two white wires go to your heater.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can not see the complete answer....Ido not have a smartphone to use the app . I need to see it online, how do I do that?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
which wires go to the back of the thermostat? The heaters are already hooked up!
Sorry I had the wrong stat?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Honeywell RLV4305
The black house wire goes to the. Star and the white house wire goes to the one heater wire and the other heater wire goes to the stat! One big loop!
That is a typo it is supposed to be stat!
Do you follow that?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am uploading the booklet instructions are on page 5 looks like blacks go to stat and whites get wired together
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
am I correct?
The diagram on the right!
I hope I was of help today! Please give me a positive rating when you're done!
Thanks!
George
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is this correct?
the right diagram!
4 wire
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you very much!
George Smith
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician