Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I replaced a 2 way switch (with a two switch) going to the…

Customer Question
I replaced a 2...

I replaced a 2 way switch (with a two switch) going to the basement, everything worked fine. A little while later I went to turn the lights on and it did not go on. the circuit breaker did not trip / there was no pop. I disconnected the replaced switch and turned the breaker back on and still nothing on that circuit worked...Did I blow the circuit?

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

I just had the system looked over this past summer, by an electrician, everything was check out, I only replaced the switch because there seem to be a slight short.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, it's only a switch

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Why is the circuit on but still no power?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electrical
3/12/2018
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 4 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Do you have a 2 wire voltage tester?