Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Where does the ground go in the outlet? A couple minutes.

Where does the ground...

Where does the ground go in the outlet?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A couple minutes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The old outlet had a hole for the ground wire. this one doesnt

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

30a-125/250v

3/11/2018
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC General Class License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

Please be patient as it takes time to type and provide links. Also note that the website may be sending you a telephone offer, the offer is not originating from me.

1) What is the NEMA rating for the receptacle? Is it a 10-30R?

1) What is the application for the 30 amp receptacle? An electric dryer or other?

2) Does the circuit contain either a bare copper or a green insulated ground wire?

Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
1030 r and a bare copper wire
Phone call session started

Hello again Christian,

Your application will require a NEMA rated 14-30R for the dryer receptacle and a 4 prong cord since the circuit has a bare copper ground. This is a code requirement.

Refer to the diagrams shown below for the wire connections.

Reply back to me with any questions..............Thanks...............Kevin:)

7e0301e0-441c-4a58-8821-...jpg7e0301e...jpgbf6f6c94-82f6-44a3-b24b-...jpgbf6f6c9...jpg8fb4dc95-1372-4f81-b2ca-...jpg8fb4dc9...jpg