Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I got the the lights to work but what do i do if i have 4…

Customer Question
I got the the...

I got the the lights to work but what do i do if i have 4 way switches in the middle of the two communicating switches provided.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Control4

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Well i have to use the red on the traveler as my yellow signal wire so this removes a wire from the 4way. So now the 4way has to be in the up position at all times for it to work properly

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Is it necessary that i remove the red wires from the 4 way or leave them intact. Do the control4's wirk with 4way switches.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electrical
3/9/2018
Electrician: George Smith, Master Electrician replied 4 months ago
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician
Hi this is George let me help you!
Ok
Give me a minute

How many wires do you have connected to the four way ?

Everything I see is that all switches get wired the same Power,traveler and ground.

I doesn't seem to be able to do 4ways and I can't get an answer from anyone!

I'll opt out and let someone else help ! If I find something and no one has answered I'll let you know!

I think I have your answer! Itis close to what I said! Give me a minute to type it!

Box 1 (Load, and Source) -> 10/3 Romex Running to Box 2

Box 2 -> 4 Way Switch -> 10/3 Romex Running to Box 3

Box 3 -> 3 Way Switch -> No outbound wires.

Take the 10/3 wire running from Box 1 and Box2 and use the Red wire to carry the load/light side through Box 2 and onto Box 3. The black wire running into Box2, and Box3 would carry source power. Neutrals would be tied together, and grounds tied together.

Thanks!

I figured it out. Thanks
Electrician: Chris Parson,
 replied 4 months ago
Chris Parson
Thank you for choosing Just answer!