Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have a Generac 17KW single phase and have found on ebay a…

I have a Generac...

I have a Generac 17KW single phase and have found on ebay a Geracac Olypmian transfer switch how do I know if it is single phase. The seller does not know ???

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I have not purchased the Generac Transfer switch , it is a good buy and thinking of buying one

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No i will have a certified electrician do the installation.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at this time. How can i tell if the Generac Olympian transfer switch is single phase

3/7/2018
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

Please be patient as it takes time to type and provide links. Also note that the website may be sending you a telephone offer, the offer is not originating from me.

1) The transfer switch should contain a label with the phase information and model number.

If the transfer switch was installed at a single family dwelling, it will be single phase.

If installed at a commercial application, the transfer switch can either be single or three phase.

It was installed in an industrial application. It would not work with a single phase home use .

Thanks for the reply.

1) Industrial applications utilize either single or three phase or both. Although three phase utility grid voltage is the most common. If installed from a previous industrial application, most likely it is a 3-phase switch.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Thank You for your help .Seller got back it was 3 phase would not work for my single phase home

No problem, glad to assist. That is what I figured.

Thank you for the positive service rating............much appreciated!

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Take care and have a great weekend............Thanks again............Kevin:)