Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Looking to replace a leviton light control system 16450-4DHC…

Looking to replace a...

Looking to replace a leviton light control system 16450-4DHC 4 buttom 4 address switch that has a "2 switch master" switch next to it

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Looked at it to get info a week ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I am an electrian

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The 2 devices I described are in 3 locations I'm looking to replace the controllers in all 3 locations

3/8/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
I would like to continue
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your electrical issue. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Let me review your question!

Where have you look for the replacements?

From all the searching that I have done replacements don't exist! Leviton quit supporting those devices and with all the smart switches that are in production x10 systems are falling by the wayside! You may have no choice but convert to smart switches ? I going to bet that you don't have access to a circuit neutral in all locations ? And you have romex so you will have a difficult time adding one?

Haven’t opened all the switch boxes yet and they are romex. I found some of the 4 button 4 address switches on eBay and I found at least one of the all on all off switches from Sasan Electronics. Also looked on X10.com. If I have neutrals in each box what system should I use as replacements? Is Smart Switches the name brand?

Yes it is as brand name and a type!

Lutron , Philips, Leviton and others make them!

Thank you Mr.Smith

you really done need a neutral wire depending how your levitons are wire? You have to reconfigure your wires for example a 3 way uses two wires and a 4way uses three wires so you may have wires you do use!

I would go with the smart switches because X10 devices will disappear!

Hope I was of help today!

Please give me a 5 star rating before you sign off today!

Thanks !

George

George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician

Thanks for the positive rating !

Please feel free to ask for me personally if you have any more question !

Thanks !

George

Will do

Smart switches are the wave of the future!

You need to read up on them!