Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I am a mechanical engineer looking for assistance in some…

Customer Question
I am a mechanical...

I am a mechanical engineer looking for assistance in some electrical equipment specifically, information on electric motors TEFC NEMA

Contractor's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

For example Baldor is the brand/make

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Model ECP84413T-4

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes I need to speak to an el;ectrical engineer \who can answer questions regarding NEMA or IEC electrical motor standards and explain them to me since I have tried but I am having a hard time

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Electrical
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/17/2018
Electrician: devlish1975,
 replied 5 months ago
devlish1975
Do you have a specific problem or scenario? This will help in determining if me or another ja expert can help. I have worked with nmea2000 a good bit but without a specific question it's hard to know if I can help
Hello Shane,
ok, here is the situation....
I own a small business that sells to many manufacturing plants in South America.
I am trying to make a new customer and the plant engineer has asked me to quote him an electrical motor with the following specs:150 HP
2 POLE
460V - 3 PHASE
NEMA
TEFC
FACE MOUNT: B14I am a mechanical engineer; not an electrical engineer, so I am not too familiar with electrical specs, etc.
I have contacted my usual suppliers and they all have stated there is conflicting information since a NEMA motor does not follow B14 face mount....... another supplier stated B14 is an IEC standard and not a NEMA standard, so, asking for a face mount (flange) B14 and NEMA approved at the same time is contradictory....I have also gone through Baldor's motor models and they do not offer a 150HP motor TEFC with B14 face mount....
this is where I am stuck.........
I need to understand correctly what the B14 face mount spec is and why is it not offered by most motor manufacturers, so I can go back to the plant engineer with correct information to ask in order to be able to quote the correct motor..Sometimes the plant engineer does not want me to sell to their factory since he already has a good business $$ relationship with his actual supplier and give me quotes like this one, hard to quote, so I cant quote and therefore, not start selling to their factory....... its all corrupted down there...I hope you can connect me with an Electrical Engineer that can talk with me on the phone about this, since, not even the engineers from the manufacturer Baldor can explain this to me in simple terms....
Electrician: devlish1975,
 replied 5 months ago
Sorry but I don't think I could help with this. I am a marine mechanic and a lot of the marine eletronics have a nema 2000 or 183 interface but these are the only systems I could help with