Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

My son bought a house and found that the electrical outlets…

Customer Question
My son bought a house...
My son bought a house and found that the electrical outlets in the kitchen are not working. What could the problem be and what do u recommend? Thanks
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/15/2018
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 7 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

I suggest that he first check to see if there is a tripped breaker and if they are not tripped to look for a GFCI outlet that needs to have the reset button pushed.

Are trip breakers located outside the house in an electrical box? There are no GFCI outlets in kitchen.
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 6 months ago

Your breakers are in the main service equipment. If not located inside it will be on the exterior.