Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have some LED under cabinet lights that flicker. I am

Customer Question
I have some LED...

I have some LED under cabinet lights that flicker. I am fairly certain there are plugged into a transformer. Is there an easy fix to the problem?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It has been over a year but during summer months it doesn't bother me as it is light out a lot longer :) Now with winter back it is very annoying.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I might have the person who installed my office desk come back to fix, if he is willing. The lights were installed as part of the customer desk.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so....

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electrical
1/12/2018
Electrician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 4 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi .......it may not be the lights themselves but connections that lead to and from the outlet to the breaker that may be causing it .......I would start by shutting down the breaker of course and then tighten the connections on the outlet and switch........if you have those insert connections in the backs then take them out and use the screws ...........please let me know

Thanks

eddie

I will look into it. Unfortunately they are part of a custom built office desk with no direct access to the electrical outlet or transformer. I might have to get the contractor who built the desk out to assist in order to access the electrical connections.
Do I have a specified amount of time to reach back out to you??
Steve

nice talking to you Steve........I only have 3 days before it times out for me.......but you hold onto this and you should be able to......... if not .....my call sign is "Goose".............just kidding it'sCustomer..........but one other thing you can try it maybe a little bit of a long shot but it may detect any arcing ..........is to go by your panel box and listen if you do hear a crackling when you see it on the LED's..............also tighten up the screw on all your breakers they come loose with the vibration sometimes.........be careful not to touch the bus bar .........unless you need a hairstyle makeover

I checked the main breaker and didn't hear any type of noise. After 3 days not sure if I will be able to reach you again? If you are able, you can reach me steve at theagfamily dotcom
I only have 3 days........ you have more
Also I am not at liberty to contact you privately......and only through a Just Answer phone service

if you can rate me now with the information I have provided .....if not please don't forget me

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor