Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have an Amana stove that is giving me an F9EO error. I…

Customer Question
I have an Amana...

I have an Amana stove that is giving me an F9EO error. I metered the outlet and found that I'm getting 260-265 volts coming off of the outlet. The error code indicates a problem with the power supply. Would this high voltage cause that problem? Do I need to have an electrician look at it?

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

2 years. It's come up a few times in the last few months.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Oh jeeze that's a loaded question ;-) I actually hired a guy to fix it and he's ripped me off for about $500. I am seriously about to replace the stove because I can't afford to spend any more money, so myself I guess.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Electrical
1/5/2018
Electrician: Electric Pro, Technician replied 6 months ago
Electric Pro
Electric Pro, Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

WHat is the complete model number off the unit?

Amana AER5630BAS. I have a new control board and a thermal switch but still get the same error.

So you are reading 260+ volts to the unit?

No, off of the outlet. That's my question: is the stove telling me the voltage is so high that it won't funtion? Guess stoves got smarter since my day. I'm reading 101 across the thermal switch.

This sounds like you have a power issue to the unit a possible bad neutral. The stove will not run if it reads the voltage to the unit out of range. I think the stove is fine you just have to get the wiring to the unit corrected.

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Great - thanks for your help

No problem