Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Looking for electrician. Approx 2 weeks, local distributor…

Customer Question
Looking for electrician Contractor's...

Looking for electrician

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Approx 2 weeks, local distributor provided quote for panel, go to place order and price doubles. Agent I was dealing with left company. Need clarification of panel specification.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, hiring licensed electrician to assemble.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My requirement is for a 400 amp service, 3 phase, 60 or 50 Hz, 415/240 VAC. Equipment to be used anywhere in world. I originally was quoted a 480/277 panel. The "revised" quote is specifying a 415/240 panel. A 480/277 panel exceeds the 415/240 requirement and should be OK to use. Yes or No.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Electrical
1/4/2018
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 1 month ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

The 4 wire 480/277V equipment is the norm for utility distribution. All work should have the utility providers requirements for what voltages are available in an area first.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician