Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have a part of our building thats not getting power thru…

Customer Question
I have a part...

I have a part of our building thats not getting power thru the outlets and the circuit breaker is not tripped. What could be wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

Six years old. I have called an electrician but they haven't got back to me yet

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No I don't mess with electricity

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No before the system would trip when we plugged in a space heater but today the power just cut off. Everywhere else is fully powered

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Electrical
1/3/2018
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 6 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Your description of the problem suggest a bad connection on the circuit. If you have a 2 wire voltage tester and are willing to test at the panel and at the outlets, we may be able to pin point the failure.

A bad connection coming from the circuit box?

If a breaker isn't tripped the only thing it could be is an open circuit caused by a bad connection on a hot or neutral wire.

The only way to find and correct the problem is to test to find out where it is. Let me know if you want to continue.