Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have three black wires and three wires I don't remember…

I have three black wires...
I have three black wires and three white wires I don't remember how the light switch was wired so far I have capped all three white wires and I found my hot wire but now the outlet next to the light switch will not work...
1/3/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Ok

With the whites together touch the hot Blac to each of the other blacks to see which brings the light on. Let me know when you identified the light circuit.

Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Phone call session started

Glad you got it working.

Thank you so much!! I've been trying to figure this out for weeks... I'm embarrassed to say that I should have called long ago. patient man.!

Anytime, you're welcome.