Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 49 years Experience
29848548

I have three black wires and three wires I don't remember

I have three black wires and three white wires I don't remember how the light switch was wired so far I have capped all three white wires and I found my hot wire but now the outlet next to the light switch will not work...

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok

With the whites together touch the hot Blac to each of the other blacks to see which brings the light on. Let me know when you identified the light circuit.

Glad you got it working.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you so much!! I've been trying to figure this out for weeks... I'm embarrassed to say that I should have called long ago. patient man.!

Anytime, you're welcome.