Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I a underfloor rating system that runs off my central

Customer Question
heating system. It is powered...
I a underfloor rating system that runs off my central heating system. It is powered by a separate pump and has been controlled by a simple wireless thermostat. That stat has packed up. the receiver was connected to the mains by a fused line with live, neutral and earth. the receiver was then connected to the pump via the same wires.I have bought a new wireless stat and receiver. the receiver has L N COM NO. How should i connect it?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Electrical
should read underfloor heating system
12/31/2017
Electrician: George Smith, Master Electrician replied 3 months ago
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician
Hi this is George I can help you! Do you have a manufacturer and model # of the stat?
SALUS RT500RF

Give me a minute I got your answer !

1. L to Permanent feed.
  2. N to neutral.
  3. NC not used.
  4. Com to Live feed from boiler external thermostat loop.

5. to switched live feed back to other side of boiler external thermostat loop.

5. NO to switched live feed back other side of boiler external thermostat loop.

Hope I was of help today!

Please give me a 5 star rating before you sign off today!

Thanks !

George

Hi George thanks for your reply. However, as stated in the original question the underfloor heating is separate to the boiler and has its own pump. The stat is wired to the pump. The pump only has a live neutral and earth. So how do I wire it in to the stat receiver?Thanks
I would try connecting the neutral to N and the live to the Com!

Have you try wiring the way is stated?

George Smith
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician