Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

We have a 1950's brass lamp and need to know the maximum…

Customer Question
We have a 1950's...

We have a 1950's brass lamp and need to know the maximum watt bulbs it takes. There are two posts for the bulbs. The info. on the lamp says: 660w 250v. thanks, Connie

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just found this old lamp in our garage...it was my in-laws...

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes ...we plan to insert the correct light bulbs in this lamp.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

All we know is that it says "Leviton" on it and the specs we gave you.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Electrical
12/28/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 1 month ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

What are the lamp holder shells made of plastic or ceramic.

Mike, Master Electrician