Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

There is smoke coming from a light socket outside near the…

Customer Question
There is smoke coming from...
There is smoke coming from a light socket outside near the pool. Is this an indication of fire warning? Who do I call after hours for repair? What do I do to avoid a fire / dangerous situation?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electrical
12/27/2017
Electrician: Electric Pro, Technician replied 7 months ago
Electric Pro
Electric Pro, Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Shut the breaker off to the unit and you may want to call the fire department right away in case it smolders and turns into a fire. Better to be safe on that then sorry.

Happy Holidays..All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!