Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

We have a mosiac system for our garden lights and we need to…

Customer Question
We have a mosiac...

We have a mosiac system for our garden lights and we need to get them all turned off - please tell us how to do this. The instruction PDF is no help. We have to turn off the main power switch to do it but this affects the power in our house. All very frustrating.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 days now - the system is new and was set so that the lights came on at night but then they started to stay on all day - we want to just be able to turn them on when we want them on.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. The system was installed by an electrician.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don’ t think so - we just want to stop everything for now until we can get him back to fix it and explain how it works as it’s very complicated. Ok

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 1 month ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

If direct wired without a switch using only the photo cell you'll need to install a switch ahead of the lights. There are some modular devices that are used instead of a hard wired switch but the need to be inside not exposed to weather.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We have a control panel on the wall inside - it’s tiny and very hard to read with very small button.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry that should be buttons x 4

I'll need to find instructions online for your system. Please give me the make and model number.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s a Legrand Mosaic 784 25

The programming for that unit is online, but it is very involved

I suggest having the electrician who installed it return and give you instructions making it much easier for you.

Not being able to be more helpful, I'll opt out.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does this help?
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician