Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

4 prong outlet for a electric car which wires go where. New…

Customer Question
4 prong outlet for...

4 prong outlet for a electric car which wires go where

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

New wireing from box to outlet

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yesoutlet shows where white and green wire goes the side prong are marked x and y

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have4 wire grd white black and red

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 7 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Wire as follows.

1. Ground to odd shaped outlet.
  2. White directly across for the ground
  3. Black and red to the remaining terminations.