Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Merry Christmas! I am trying to install a new digital wall…

Customer Question
Merry Christmas! I...

Merry Christmas! I am trying to install a new digital wall switch.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

There are two black wires feeding both ends of the original switch. The new switch has a black, red, white and Green

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What do I connect what to? If I can without burning down the house or killing myself. Can you help?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The beaker is off and the old switch has been removed.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Electrical
12/25/2017
Electrician: Electric Pro, Technician replied 6 months ago
Electric Pro
Electric Pro, Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What wall switch did you get exactly?

Enerlites Digital In-wall programmable timer
Are you there?

Yes I am here. please only post once and wait for me to respond this is not like Skype. I am checking your switch one sec.

On your unit you would not be able to use that unit if you only have 2 black wires. You need a neutral to power the unit itself. Do you only have 2 black wires?

No, I am saying I have a black wire that feeds the top of the current switch, a black wire come out of the bottom of the current switch and it feeds another switch beside the current one. The white wires in the box are all capped together. There is a copper ground as well.
Do I feed the black to black...the white to the multiple white and the red to the continuous black to the next switch?
Last chance before I request my money back...this is rediculously slow!