Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

The electric connection to both refrigerator, freezer, in…

Customer Question
The electric connection to...

The electric connection to both refrigerator, freezer, in our garage, are out as well as the gas furnace in our basement. The electric connection on our front porch, which lights the Xmas lights is also not working.

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

We have turned the breakers on and off several times. Our breaker system was put in about 2003.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if we can. We have had much overnight family staying with us for the holidays.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Everything was working. The lights in the garage and door opener work fine.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Electrical
12/25/2017
Electrician: David Bowden, Electrician replied 1 month ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Electrician

Y​ou have 4 possible causes you can try, however you will probably need a voltage tester to verify and troubleshoot;

1. See if you have a tripped GFCI somewhere that may be causing this problem, although it is doubtful based on the list you mentioned, but it is a easy check

2. You may have part of the main breaker tripped, this is probable based on your list. This is where you may need a voltage tester to verify you have 220v going out to the other breakers

3. Use a voltage tester to verify you have 120v going out of each breaker. Turning them off/on/reset may not be allowing voltage out if their is a bad breaker or poor contact

4. You have a bad neutral wire somewhere, this will also require a voltage tester to verify as it is the other half of the required circuit

If unable to make the repairs, you will need to get a qualified electrician to further evaluate and repair.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thought of the gfci and have gone around checking them. It wasn’t the issue.
You are probably right about the breaker issue.
Timing is the problem now.
Our guests are at the movie. But will return.

Ok hopefully it is an easy resolve

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Electrician: David Bowden, Electrician replied 29 days ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Electrician: David Bowden, Electrician replied 5 hours ago

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on December 25, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Mike, Master Electrician