Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

My deep well 220 pump has one wire and 2 identical wires.

My deep well 220...

My deep well 220 pump has one green wire and 2 identical gray wires. The wires that attach to them are green, red and yellow. I understand green on green but if the red and yellow are both hot does it matter which grey wire on the pump they are attached to? Or are they reversable?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just since yesterday.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I am going out to hook it up now if I can determine I am not hooking it up wrong.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

12/24/2017
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC General Class License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Yes, you are correct. The 2 green wires are the ground wires and those will splice together.

2) Since the pump is a 240 volt model, the 2 gray wires are the hot wires. These will splice, one gray to a red and the 2nd gray to the yellow. Does not matter which gray wire you use.

Reply back and let me know how you make out........Thanks............Kevin:)

Thanks so much Kevin I can now work with confidence. If I have another question I will get back to you if I am able. Yes?

No problem, glad to assist.

Sure, no problem........Yes, if you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor