Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I am trying to replace a cbb6-1 capacitor in a ceiling fan…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to replace a cbb6-1 capacitor in a ceiling fan the company, Craftmade sent me TWO capacitors, both marked cbb6-1. the orginal fan has one larger capacior

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today the original larget one has 7 wires the two new ones, one has reg/gray/gray, the other has gray/brown/purple

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have an electrician here now but no diagram came with the capacitors and the amount of wires in different

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope thats it. bad capacitor. apparently they used to manufacture the fan with one larger one and now use two smaller ones instead i just need to know what wires go where

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Electrical
12/22/2017
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 2 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Ceiling fan cap's need to be the identical micro-farad rating as well as the same quantity of wires as the original cap. If different, the fan motor speeds will not work at all or will not work correctly.

2) I recommend that you contact eceilingfans.com shown in the link below. Provide them with the fan manufacturer name and the model number of the fan and the cap info and they can provide you with the correct cap replacement.

http://eceilingfans.com/capacitors_-_ceiling_fans.html

Mike, Master Electrician