Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Just one question, Im replacing a normal switch to a dimer…

Customer Question
Hi, just one question...

Hi, just one question, Im replacing a normal switch to a dimer but I do not see a ground wire conected to the old one, as this is not a one way pole, so my question is should a leve the green wire without connection

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

One black to one side and there are two to the other side, Idid the same with the dimer and works, but what aboutr the green

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Just now yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The other side od the island there is another switch and if I do not connect the two together the other side does not tourn on

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Electrical
12/22/2017
Electrician: George Smith, Master Electrician replied 6 months ago
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician
Hi this is George let me help you!
If you have a metal box or a bare copper ground in the box you can connect it to that!
Can you send a pic of the wiring? Something doesn't sound right?