Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

What is LED

Customer Question
What is LED
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electrical
12/19/2017
Electrician: Cher, Educator-40+ yrs replied 7 months ago
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Hello, again.

LED stands for 'light emitting diode.' The dictionary definition is:

"A light-emitting diode (LED) is a semiconductor device that emits visible light when an electric current passes through it. The light is not particularly bright, but in most LEDs it is monochromatic, occurring at a single wavelength."

You can see displays of images and numbers, for example, on electronic devices, such as an LED clock, radio and/or television. Here is an example:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71qZmWhA0qL._SY355_.jpg

------------

I hope this helps. If you need additional information, just click 'Reply' and I will be glad to help you further. Please do this BEFORE rating my answer negatively if you need more information.

Your satisfaction is my ultimate goal and I welcome any follow-up questions you may have on this subject, at no additional charge.

At the conclusion of our correspondence, your 5-star rating will be most appreciated, as this will enable me to continue to send quality answers to additional clients and receive recognition from the website for my assistance.

Best wishes,

Cher

Hello again,

I just thought I'd check in to see how things are going for you. I hope all is well!

My primary goal is always to provide the best answer possible. Did you find my answer helpful? If so, please let me know. Thank you very much!

Best regards ***** ***** Holidays,

Cher

Hello, again.

I'm just checking to see that you're receiving my answers.

Please let me know, thanks!