Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I HAVE A NEW AND 1 1/2HP MODEL 60814 COMPRESSER MOTOR BUT DO…

Customer Question
HI, i HAVE A...

HI, i HAVE A NEW SMITH AND JONES 1 1/2HP MODEL 60814 COMPRESSER MOTOR BUT DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE DIAGRAM

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

GOT IT LAST WEEK

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

JUST WHAT DOES P1 AND L1

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electrical
12/17/2017
Electrician: Sam I, Electrician replied 4 months ago
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Hello I can help you

Let me look up the diagram for that and get right back to you

ok, what voltage are you connecting?

Sam, I connected the L 1 and L 2 at shown and ground wire to green bolt. The common wire was not connected, turned on the main breaker and the motor ran just fine. I then also attached the common wire to the motor, and the motor runs without any difficulty! My finding is the motor is internally grounded. Ron ********* ************* Please cancel my request to becoming a member!

Glad you got it but do you mean you connected a neutral to the motor as well as two hot wires?

Mike, Master Electrician