Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Where can I find a GFCI 20 amp Outlet. About 30 seconds. I…

Customer Question
Where can I find...

Where can I find a GFCI 20 amp Outlet

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 30 seconds

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I want an outlet that is NOT made in china.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electrical
12/16/2017
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 8 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC General Class License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Unfortunately, the majority of consumer electrical products are now manufactured in China. Doubt that you will find a GFCI receptacle that is manufactured in the good ole US of A.

The electrical industry leader product manufacturers such as Eaton, Leviton or Square-D all manufacture a majority of their products in other countries. About the only electrical products that I'm aware of that are manufactured in the states are some load centers. Devices such as receptacles and wall switches are typically manufactured in China or Mexico.

2) See link shown below for GFCI's sold at Home Depot. These are also sold at any local electrical supply store as well as at Lowe's:

https://www.homedepot.com/s/20A%2520GFCI?NCNI-5

I will opt out of the question. Perhaps another expert can better assist you. No need to reply back to me, you will be notified when your question is picked up by another expert.

Electrician: monina-cssm,
 replied 8 months ago
monina-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/electrical/avj8m-find-gfci-20-amp-outlet-30-seconds.html).
Thank you, ***** Support Team.