Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

My outdoor post light has low voltage. It did work and then…

Customer Question
My outdoor post light...

My outdoor post light has low voltage. It did work and then stopped working, I changed out three bulbs and they will not come on. I put an led bulb in the lamp and get a weak glow. The incodesent bulb will not light up but it did before the light stopped working

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a week. I thought it was the fixture so I bought a new one but it did not help

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electrical
12/16/2017
Electrician: Electric Pro, Technician replied 7 months ago
Electric Pro
Electric Pro, Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Is the fixture mounted to the house and when you say it is low voltage how is it powered?

It is an outside post light it gets the power from the house

Do you have 120 volts to the light post or are you running a low voltage transformer in the house?