Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I am installing a ceiling fixture and connected all the

Customer Question
Hey Alex, I am...

Hey Alex, I am installing a ceiling fixture and connected all the wires (exept for the red one that does not seem to correspond to another wire on my fixture) I turned the power on at the box and the light came on, but the switch does not turn it on or off, where did I go wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just now, this is a new house and I am installing my fixtures

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/15/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 2 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

If I understand your description, you connected all blacks together and all whites together and have a red wire not connected. If correct, wire the black fixture wire to the red wire

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician