Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I dropped a light globe when changing bulbs. Where can I…

Customer Question
I dropped a light...

I dropped a light globe when changing bulbs. Where can I find replacement?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Two days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Where can I find a replacement light cover for a Harbor Breeze?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electrical
12/13/2017
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 7 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) I recommend to contact eceilingfans.com shown in the link below. This is the best resource for ceiling fan replacement parts. Provide them with the manufacturer name and model number of the fan.

http://eceilingfans.com/accessories_-_ceiling_fans.html

Does that help to answer your question?

No, the Harbor Breeze section has no link for the lights

Click on the link I provided. Globes are located under Accessories section.

I found the section of accessories, but the globes shown does not have the shape we have

I will opt out of the question. Perhaps another expert can better assist you. No need to reply back to me. You will be notified once your question is picked up.

Thsnks
Electrician: David Bowden, Electrician replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Electrician

Sorry to read about the misfortune of a bro***** *****ght globe, I know it can be very frustrating finding a like replacement. Another way to find the part you need is to call Lowe’s customer support. Harbor Breeze, being the house brand of Lowe’s is supported by them. You can try taking the damaged or broken part to a local Lowe’s and see if they can help you to find a replacement, or maybe they can ordered that specific piece if it is not readily available at the store itself.​

Since many of the Harbor Breeze ceiling fans, light kits, and their related parts are made and imported from China, which makes it very hard to get replacement parts. If that doesn't work you may try looking online at LampsPlus, however if that doesn't work, I'm afraid you will need to buy a complete fan or replace the light kit assembly. I realize these options may not be ideal, but there isn't a whole lot of choices if parts are not readily available.