Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Does my home insurance cover my Christmas tree.It has 500…

Customer Question
Does my home insurance...

Does my home insurance cover my Christmas tree.It has 500 lights and was bought in Sandusky at Sears .We cant get the lights to come on.. My husband has always did our tree..It was purchased 2 yrs ago for 200 -300

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

All day.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We have tried but nothing happens.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No.I wanted him to call an electrician but he is about ready to junk it.We bought aa good tree so we wouldn;t have these problems

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Electrical
12/11/2017
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 2 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Home owners liability insurance policies only cover damage to the home and not to electrical products.

2) If you have an insurance policy that is for electrical appliances or electrical related problems or plumbing related issues, I doubt that it will cover the XMAS tree. You would need to contact the insurance company to confirm.

1) Home owners can have 2 different policies.....ie... one for damage to the home and a secondary warranty for appliances, plumbing issues, etc. These are 2 different types of policies. I highly doubt that the XMAS tree will be covered.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor