Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

My Casablanca fan is making a prolonged beep that doesn't…

Customer Question
My Casablanca fan is...

My Casablanca fan is making a prolonged beep that doesn't stop, like a smoke alarm. It was working fine until this morning when I used the remote to turn down the speed. Then is started blaring and won't stop. It's sort of an emergency as the sound will prevent me from sleeping in the room until I can stop it!

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I just typed above, that it was working fine until this morning. Please read my information above.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have to do it today since I cannot get someone out today (Sunday) and no one can sleep upstairs with the noise

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

You would have to ask the question, since I don't know how to give you the information you need.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electrical
12/10/2017
Electrician: David Bowden, Electrician replied 4 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Electrician

Sorry to read about your noisy fan, I know how irritating it can be. If your fan is an older model chances are you most likely have a poor design with an Inteli-Touch2 system in your fan. Inteli-touch circuit boards sometimes fail especially if your bulb burns out. Casa Fans has come out with a much tougher replacement system, however it is expensive compared to the cost of new fan. An easy way to tell if your fan model number ends in T, here is the link to the kit needed to fix this fan:

http://fanmanlighting.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=67&idproduct=1006

I already replaced this about 2 years ago. This is not the problem.

C​an you provide a make and model number of the fan and I will look for other solutions.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on December 10, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Electrician: David Bowden, Electrician replied 3 months ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Electrician: David Bowden, Electrician replied 2 months ago

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is more than 60 days old and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question, however to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

Mike, Master Electrician