Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

How many times does a GFI have to "trip" before it needs to…

Customer Question
How many times does...

How many times does a GFI have to "trip" before it needs to be replaced?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About the last 7 or 8 Christmas's

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just want to know how often a GFI needs to be replaced?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electrical
12/9/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 7 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Th uesable life of a GFCI isn't affected by the number of trips. An inability to be reset is what necessatates a replacement.