Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I had two canned lights installed in my bedroom (not in my…

Customer Question
I had two canned...

I had two canned lights installed in my bedroom (not in my closet). The electrician during the installation opened a light fixture in my closet. Why would he open the light fixture in the closet?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

One day

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The work has been done

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't believe so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electrical
12/8/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 4 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

I suspect that he needed to find a source of power for the new lights. Ceiling openings are the most likely source and the easiest place to pick up a circuit.

He was able to get into the attic. Wouldn't the attic have a source of power up there? He told me he needed a wire from the light fixture. Does that make sense to you?

He needed to access the attic to run the wire to the lights and needed to open the fixture to make the connections.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician