Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I am powering a large Konica minolta copy / printer it calls…

Customer Question
Hello I am powering...

Hello I am powering a large Konica minolta copy / printer it calls for 220 volts 82 amps the run is about 100 feet. what size wire do I need to use

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Looking for advise on the size of wire i need to run

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I already have conduit run there for a different 220 plug I used for a welder but it is currently 10 gauge wire but i am concirned that it is too small to increase to the 82 amp max load

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electrical
12/7/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 4 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

The circuit requires a #4 copper conductor.

Ok thanks Mike
So I understand I need. #4 Gaug wire to Dunn 100 feet 220 82 Amp. Thanks

Anytime, you're welcome. #10 wire is good for 30A.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician