Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I'm wiring a 230v compressor motor, and need to verify that…

I'm wiring a 230v compressor...
I'm wiring a 230v compressor motor, and need to verify that I have wires properly combined. I will provide motor information below. Thank youMake: Steveco Farm Duty
Model: MS182C17FB2A
Labeled Wires
P1 / P2T2 / T3 / T4 / T5 / T8Currently I have T2, T3 & T8 wired together. And T5 & T4 wires together. There is also a reset button that has P1 & P2 tags. Once again, I'm wiring motor for CCW rotation using 230v supply.
Please help be confirm if this is the proper setup. Thank you.
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your electrical issue. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Let me review your question!

Your fine ! the hots go to P1 and T4 and T5 ! That should be CCW.

Hope I was of help today!

Please give me a positive rating before to sign off today!

Thanks !

George

Thank you, ***** ***** to include that my 230v power in, is going to a pressure switch. My black and white coming in are wired to line and my power to motor are wired to load. The green wire is just wired to my pressure switch ground. There is no green wire ran to motor. It is mounted on same surface as my switch though.
I should cap P2?

Yes

You look good!

I have hot going to T2 T3 & T8 also. Is that correct?

No! P1.... T4 and T5

T2,T3,T8 are wire connected together and capped!

To confirm
T2 T3 T8 are wired together with a hot wire to them.T4 & T5 are wired together with a hot wire to them.
I'm running 230v. Your saying this is incorrect?
OK but I have 2 hot leads coming in. Run both of those to t4 & t5?

No ! Hot to P1 and a Hot to T4 and T5

OK, give me just 1 minute
OK now I have 2 hot leads coming in. P1 is connected to one of them, the other is connected to T4 & T5. T2 T3 & T8 are wired together and capped. P2 is capped all alone. Does that sound correct?
No one hot to P1 and one hot to T4 and T5
Is that correct? Sorry for the confusion!
Thank you.
Please give me a positive rating when you're done!
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician
George Smith
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician