Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have a sun room with 1 plug outlet and 1 wall mounted

Customer Question
I have a sun...

I have a sun room with 1 plug outlet and 1 wall mounted light. I would like to run electricity from the one plug to 3 more. Can I run the wiring along corner of floor/wall?

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?

No it is a cement slab.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am going to add insulation on walls be below windows and then install a finish facing.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 7 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

If I understand your plans, you are going to finish the wall below the windows and that is where you intend to install the new receptacles, correct? Please tell me how you are going to frame up that wall so I can best advise you on the wiring.

I am using high density foam panels and gluing them to existing wall.

OK. I suggest using Wiremold on the surface of the existing wall. An extension box on the existing outlet and backed mold boxes on the added ones. The use of the wiremold will protect the wires from penatration and allow any future wiring.

OK thanks

Anytime, you're welcome.