Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

12/1/2017
Electrician: David Bowden, Electrician replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Electrician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your specific question. Please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

Normally the L1, L2, and L3 are your lines, and T1, T2, and T3 are the loads. A word of caution though;

Always verify with the supplied wiring schematic before connecting any voltage to the equipment, failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions may cause damage or personal injury.

but the coil intact is 120v. Where are the terminations

I​ am not able to access the wiring schematic for this device and therefore will open it up to other experts who may be able to assist you better. I do not want to tell you something incorrect.

Electrician: George Smith, Master Electrician replied 7 months ago
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician

Hi this is George I maybe able to help !

I have a Eaton contactor. Where do I install the 120v to open the coil?

Can you give a pic of the actual contactor? that is a two device setup that you have?

Or can you tell what the contactor number is ? The bottom is an overload relay C440

It’s the picture above. I have a 120v to open to coil. Don’t know termination it’s going too?

I can't see it ? Can you give a model #

How are the terminals on the right hand side marked that maybe them ?

Hello

It looks like the terminals on the right are the coil!

Are there any markings on the right terminals?

Were you able to find any markings on the contactor?

H​i this is Dave again, I believe I have the answer to your question with supporting proof. Based on the information (see attached link) the 120v coil wiring is directly under the T1, T2, and T3 terminals (red wires), therefore the other end of the red wires (L3 and the far right lower screw) should be your incoming 120v line wires. 120v coil hot wire is supplied from the L3 incoming voltage which leaves the far right terminal for the neutral connection (top screw). You should be able to verify that this screw has no voltage from any of the line/load terminals L1, L2, L3, T1, T2, and T3 when energized. If so then the far right terminals (neutral) line will be on top and the load (red wire out to coil) should also test as neutral.

Here is a link for reference. Select Freedom Series NEMA, then select Documentation, then select Coil Replacement.

http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsServices/Electrical/ProductsandServices/AutomationandControl/ContactorsStarters/ElectromechanicalContactorsandStarters/FreedomSeries/index.htm