Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I bought a honeywell R841E1068 10 KW relay to control my…

Customer Question
I bought a honeywell...

I bought a honeywell R841E1068 10 KW relay to control my baseboard heat. I have 2 30 amp circuits running 4500 watts of baseboard each. My goal was to run one leg from each circuit through the relay using a 24v thermostat to control both. Any Ideas on how to wire this?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started. One of the circiuts has a line voltage tstat. The other has no tstat. I want to install relay at the panel , run a 24 t

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I have worked with licensed electrician before, but cant get a hold of him today.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Am I talking to a computer?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electrical
11/30/2017
Electrician: Sam I, Electrician replied 4 months ago
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician
Hello, you would need a 24 volt transformer. I would get a 6”x6” box and mount it either near the panel or in an attic space with the transformer and relay in it. Your heater power would be routed to that and then run a t-stat cable to wherever you want your t-stat. Take out the line voltage t-stat, connect the wires together and put a blank plate over its box.
I understand that part. What I can't figure out is how to hook the relay up. I want to operate 2 30 amp circuits with one tstat. It is a 10 kw double relay (honeywell R841E1068)with a 24 volt transformer. The wiring diagram supplied is confusing.

ok, I can draw you up a wiring diagram for another $16 if you like? Otherwise I can try to explain it

I used justanswer 6 yrs. Ago to fix my outboard motor. Donated $20 because it saved me much more. I know that the solution to my problem is very simple, so I will wait to ask my electrician .I don't think I will need justnoanswer any more. Thanks for nothing.
Wow, you could just say no thank you.
It wasn’t a donation you made. We are actually working here for money
When I first used justanswer, I didn't pay or have to pay unless I was satisfied with the advise. I guess things are different now.

Still the same. You won't be charged for anything

Good luck with your project

I'm sorry I insulted you by presenting you with an option to purchase a diagram.

No problem. I just need to do a little more homework. I entered the conversation at $5. And I was charged $16. SO right off the bat I knew I was going to get screwed.
I will not waste any more of your time. Thanks.

The 5$ was a deposit, you don't get charge the whole $16 until you give a positive rating if you are satisfied. There are other premium services available such as extended guidance (which would include a diagram), or a phone call

You can request a refund if you thin you were charged

I can still answer your question if you like. I was just trying to make a little more money by selling you another product. Us experts only make about half of the value of the question while the JA website gets the other half. It's a a great deal when you think about an on-site electrician visit is anywhere from $50 to $100+ per hour

You guts suck. Ripped me off $16. Never again.
Request a refund if you’ve been charged
Customer service
Sam I
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician