Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Sometimes need to press many times to get chime. A few

Customer Question
Sometimes need to press...

Sometimes need to press many times to get chime

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A few weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What do i do to try to fix

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 7 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

How many buttons are there?

Have you tried all buttons and get the same results?

Is the system hard wired or battery powered?

hard wired
one button

Two possibilities

1) button is failing. Not making a good contact.

2) plunger needs lubrication. It is suggested to apply lighter fluid to the plunger, move it manually up and down to free it up. Let the lighter fluid evaporate. It will leave a slight lub to the plunger.