Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

My cord to my heating blanket is flashing? It just started…

Customer Question
My cord to my...

My cord to my heating blanket is flashing?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It just started today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I plug it in and press the button to turn it on it automatically goes to high and begins flashing and it won't stop till I unplug it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electrical
11/29/2017
Electrician: Electric Pro, Technician replied 4 months ago
Electric Pro
Electric Pro, Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That means there is a problem with the heater in the blanket. It will not allow the blanket to for the heater senses the heaters either burned out or shorted out. Unfortunately there is no fix for this as they do not sell parts for the blankets. You would have to buy a new one I am sorry for the bad news. please do not kill the messenger thank you:)

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Electric Pro
Electric Pro
Electric Pro, Technician