Electrical

Connect one-on-one with a verified electrician who will answer your question

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

More related answers
All electricians are VERIFIED
I am installing a light fixture to a ceiling fan wired box.
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician
Hi yes. I am installing a light fixture to a ceiling fan wired box. The fixture has two clear wires and a silver bare wire. I have a black white red and ground wires from the ceiling. The breaker keep… read more
In my dining room- I installed a new chandelier. I am unable
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Good Afternoon In my dining room- I installed a new chandelier. I am unable to get it to work with the switch. The switch didn't work on the old light also- we just pulled a chain. I have tried multip… read more
None of the bulbs in our dining room chandelier are working.
Jason
Jason, Service Technician
None of the bulbs in our dining room chandelier are working. I have a voltage tester and can see there is power getting to all the bulb sockets. I replaced the dimmer to be sure that wasn't the issue … read more
Thanks help. I would like to replace the chandelier in the
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Hi - thanks for your help. I would like to replace the chandelier in the dining room which was there when I moved in a few years ago. HOWEVER, the house is very old - 100 years old. I worry about the … read more
Replaced a dining area chandelier with 6 led pot lights across
Jason
Jason, Service Technician
Replaced a dining area chandelier with 6 led pot lights across the open concept living room ceiling. I used the same wires and junction box from the chandelier to the switch. when I was done wiring i … read more
I tried replacing a bulb in the dining room chandelier and
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
I tried replacing a bulb in the dining room chandelier and there was a pop, and now none of the lights will come on in the chandelier. It is on a dimmer switch. The dimmer switch has an indicator ligh… read more
I am replacing a 2 light ceiling fixture in my bathroom with
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
I am replacing a 2 light ceiling fixture in my bathroom with a chandelier light. There is one light switch in the bathroom to turn on the fixture. The wires from the ceiling are a white and black wire… read more
I have a black (hot) wire, white (neutral) wire and a bare
electrifier
electrifier, Master Electrician
I have a black (hot) wire, white (neutral) wire and a bare ground wire going to a ceiling box that i want to install a chandelier to. With a wire tester, i am able to determine the black wire is hot a… read more
Looking to replace a chandelier in the dining room. Old chandelier
Tommy Tesla
Tommy Tesla, Electrical Contractor
Looking to replace a chandelier in the dining room. Old chandelier was connected to the celing black wire to black wire; white wire to white wire, a neutral coloured wire from celiing directly to the … read more
Hello, when powering my dining room light trough a dimmer
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Hello, when powering my dining room light trough a dimmer there was a quick flash and my kitchen light, dining room light and a couple of outlets have lost power. It does not appear that a breaker was… read more
Your Open QuestionShow me another » Turned the circuit breaker
mstr_elec
mstr_elec, electrician
Your Open QuestionShow me another » Turned the circuit breaker off then on again...now the range hood doesn't work.? We wanted to run through our circuit breakers and make sure all the breakers were l… read more
I recently purchased a home in Houston that was built in 1940.
Alex
Alex, Owner
I recently purchased a home in Houston that was built in 1940. The previous owner removed the dining room chandelier. The chandlier light fixture has two wires coming out of it, both black. One was ca… read more
hi weve been in our home for 5 years and recently our dining
Jason
Jason, Service Technician
hi we've been in our home for 5 years and recently our dining room dimmer, chandelier light bulbs and curcuit breaker keep blowing. we thought it was the dimmer that needed replacing so my husband rep… read more
A couple of years ago, we had an electrician reposition our
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
A couple of years ago, we had an electrician reposition our dining room chandelier over the table. We then put up a medallion, gluing, caulking and painting it in place. Last week, we shortened the le… read more
I have two switches that control a new light fixture I installed
Jason
Jason, Service Technician
I have two switches that control a new light fixture I installed in my kitchen. I connected the white wire from the fixture to the two white wires in the box and did the same with the black and the gr… read more
i have a circuit that is getting power (acccording to my little
Paul
Paul, Owner
i have a circuit that is getting power (acccording to my little pen) but none of the outlets are working. I have tries new bulbs to no avail. The breaker in the box is not tripped. There is a GFI plug… read more
My question is for an electrician I guess. We changed out
Mike, Master Electrician
My question is for an electrician I guess. We changed out a chandelier in the dining room and the new chandelier will not work. We checked the wiring and it looks like everything was connected correct… read more
Hello - My husband and I are attempting to replace a 59 year
Joseph
Joseph, electrician
Hello - My husband and I are attempting to replace a 59 year old chandelier in our dining room. We took the old fixture down and connected the new fixture to the white and black wires in the electrica… read more