Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have an older model Intermatic switch to control my front…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older model Intermatic switch to control my front porch lights and I'm having troubles getting it programed properly.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since we moved into this house 9 years ago. I had it switching pretty well, on at sunset then off early am but had a dead battery and lost my program now can't get it programed properly again.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I should be able to program this unit. No big detail in my program, just on at sunset and off in the early am.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

I'm talking about a in-wall timer switch. What thermostat and filters are you asking about?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can I send a picture of the switch to you so I can figure out the model # and then get specific programming info for this switch?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Electrical
11/27/2017
Electrician: Sam I, Electrician replied 8 months ago
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Hello, you can upload a picture to this page by clicking the paperclip icon next to the text input area. Then navigate to the area where the picture is stored and select it

The model is usually on a sticker on the metal yolk on the backside

It is a model SS8

ok, here's the manual for that: http://inaray.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/inaray_design_-_manual_-_intermatic_ss8_-_in-wall.pdf

Do you need help going through it or can you handle it from here?

If you do need help with it you can always come back here and post and I will get notified. If that answers your question satisfactorily please rate my answer before logging off so I can get credit for answering with Just Answer. Thanks and good luck!