Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I need help with location of fuse on GE christmas tree, It's…

Customer Question
I need help with...

I need help with location of fuse on GE christmas tree

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's the Winterberry Branch Tree, white, outdoor with multi and clear lights. I will look on box

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its the 7ft version

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Electrical
11/26/2017
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 7 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

A fuse lamp is the first lamp on the string. It will have a different appearance from all other lamps. Some strings have the fuse in the plug.

These are outdoor lights and I had already checked those areas. I feel like this was a rip off to charge $30 dollars. This was kind off like a trick website to send to to a payment page to finish the conversation. I thought you actually had information about this particular outdoor tree. Your answer was standard generic that is all over the web for free!

No problem. Not satisfied, I'll send this to customer service for a refund. Have a good day.

Thank you
Electrician: David Bowden, Electrician replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Electrician

I came across this question and looked into it more. Per the instructions there is a fuse located in the plug end. Sometimes these are hard to see and you may need to read the plug end to verify if in fact your model has a fuse plug end. These instructions are generic to several sizes/models and if you do not have a fused plug, then the only other possibility is a bad wire on the string or like many lights, if one goes out they all go out.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Troubleshooting Tips

If one section of your tree does not illuminate, check that section for loose or missing bulbs or that all electrical connections on tree are made. Also, check the fused plug for a missing or burned out fuse and make certain the wall switch is turned on.

Here is a link to the instructions for reference.

https://support.geholidaylighting.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/115003326753/17-80399323050LO-assembly_instruction.pdf

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave

They were not helpful. I asked because the basics had been covered.

Would you like me to continue looking or would you prefer a refund or credit from customer service?

I would like a refund